
So for some insane reason, we decided to bungee jump the weekend before our big trip to Israel. Actually, our friend Chris asked if we wanted to go and we thought what better event to start our vacation off right! This is the gate to the bridge where we would jump off a perfectly good bridge.

This is the perfectly good bridge. Notice the lack of railing to one side. That is the side you DO NOT want to fall off if you are not bungee'd in.

This was the view to the 1 ft-deep creek 200 feet below the bridge. Don't look down!
And here is the little tiny platform that you get to jump off of. What were we thinking :o)
And here is the little tiny platform that you get to jump off of. What were we thinking :o)
This is Chris....he's the crazy guy that asked us to go with him. Here he is flying off a ramp that he ran down and then jumped off.
Here I am getting strapped into my harness. The guy doing the work is the owner of http://www.bungee.com/. He is a real joker. The waiver form asked if we wanted cremation or open casket!
Your first jump is a swan dive. As you could see by the smile, I loved it and conquered my fear of heights. The second dive is backwards. Plummeting backwards is very different because you just see everyone on the bridge falling away from you. Crazy!
After I jumped, Kelly turned to me and asked, "Do you think that I could jump?". I immediately said she could totally do it. What she told me later is that she wanted to do it since the night before but didn't want to psyche herself out. So she grabbed a harness, signed her life away, and got in line to jump. Here are some pics of her first jump. She did awesome! No hesitation!
The owner made a comment about Kelly, "Boy when she decides she wants something, she really goes after it doesn't she." He doesn't even know the half of it :o) I was so proud of her. At the beginning of the day she wasn't even going to get up on the grating on the one side of the bridge. By the end of the day, she is jumping off the bridge. Here are some pictures of her second jump:
As I said earlier....awesome way to start our 2 and a half week vacation. Now on to Israel! Keep an eye out for pictures from the Holy Land as the Lord blesses us with the trip of a lifetime!
4 comments:
WOW!! You are crazy! It looks awesome!!!! Someday...
Have a wonderful trip!
Love K
You guys are insane! I guess I'd have to catagorize Katie in with you both...she was a bungee jumper as well.
Sooo excited to hear about your Israel trip! I'll be looking forward to getting updates or pictures.
Take care you guys!
Tim
Kelly, you ROCK!! I'm now seeing this crazy, brave, wild side of you - sooo fun! (Hans, you're pretty cool, too, but for some reason I'm more impressed by my Kelly!) :o)
Love you guys and missing you already! Looking forward to posts from the Holy Land. :o)
-Min
How cool! You'll have to take us up one of these days. Great pics.
Looking forward to your pics from Isreal.
Love,
The Hockemeiers :)
Post a Comment